Tourism Business License
A Tourism business license refers to the Tourist Authority of Thailand (TAT) license issued by the Thai government to authorize a business to operate in the tourism industry.
The Tourism Business license is essential for businesses operating in the tourism sector, including hotels, travel agencies, and tour operators.
Tourism businesses that offer services such as sightseeing tours and tourist guides. These businesses must directly interact with tourists, who purchase services directly from the operator, not as a service provider
To operate a tourism business in Thailand, it must be registered with a majority if Thai shareholders and Thai directors. Only a Thai director can sign binding agreements related to the tourism business, with their authority limited to tourism-related matters. BOI promotions are available.
Once the Tourism licence has been granted it is valid for 2 years. Renewals must be made within 120 days of the licence expiring.
Why work with VB and Partners?
Embarking on a business venture, especially in a foreign land, can appear overwhelming. At VB & Partners, we understand this challenge and our experts are ready to assist with your needs. Our comprehensive range of services covers every step, from initial business feasibility assessments to complete incorporation and the start of your business operations.
Navigating local laws and regulations is a paramount concern for foreign enterprises. Our tailored solutions alleviate this complexity, ensuring strict adherence to legal mandates. Backed by a team well-versed in the intricacies of the Thai market and regulations, ensuring the smooth operation of your business.
VB & Partners takes pride in its assembly of seasoned experts. Ranging from Incorporation, Accounting & Secretary Services to Immigration and Real Estate, VB & Partners stands as your premier destination for all your legal and accounting needs.
What does this package include
- Document Preparation: Our experts will work closely with you to obtain and collate all the required documents and complete the application forms ready for submission.
- Submitting the Application: Our experts will submit the application to the local government office. We will also liaise with the officers through the consideration and review process to ensure complete awareness of the application status.
- Collection of the Business Licence: Our experts will collect the documents on your behalf once the Licence has been approved and issued.
- Post-approval procedure: Our experts will keep you up-to-date with any compliance requirements.
- Answering questions concerning the Tourism Licence.
What you must know before applying
Book a Call with our expert
Up to an hour consultation on the process of setting up a company in Thailand.
We will provide you with information on key areas such as; company structure, taxes, accounting and other general aspects of opening a company in Thailand. We will also answer any other legal questions you may have to provide you with a clear overview.
If some extra research is necessary to answer your questions, our experts will check and revert to you with complementary elements by email.
This consultation is provided by legal experts in English or in French.
Frequently Asked Question
The following fees and security deposits are required.
- Outbound (international tours or services): security of 200,000 THB and a government fee of 500 THB.
- Inbound (bringing tours and customers to Thailand from abroad): security of 100,000 THB and a government fee of 500 THB
- Domestic: security of 50,000 THB and a government fee of 300 THB
- TAT license application form that has been signed by a Thai director and stamped with the company seal
- Certificate of Registration and company objectives (must not be older than one month).
- List of shareholders’ names.
- Memorandum of association.
- Copy of the director’s personal ID card and his address (this must be certified by the director)
- Company seal
- Two photos of the front of the office which show the address and nameplate.
- A map of the office
- Guarantee, cash or cashier’s check to be used for the security deposit.
- Register under Thai Law
- Serve the purpose of facilitating business tourism in Thailand
- Ensure that unlimited liabilities are held by Thai nationals
- For a limited company, appoint at least half of the directors as Thai nationals and have a minimum of 51% of capital owned by natural Thai nationals.
To engage in tourism activities, individuals or businesses must seek a TAT license (issued by the Tourism Authority of Thailand) through the Tourist Business and Guide Registration Office.