Thailand has introduced the Long-Term Resident (LTR visa) visa program as a comprehensive initiative designed to attract and retain high-potential individuals. This visa offers an enticing package of tax and non-tax benefits that cater to the needs of both professionals and entrepreneurs.
For skilled professionals seeking to establish a long-term career in Thailand, the LTR visa presents an exciting option. With its 10-year validity and ability to obtain a work permit, empowers professionals to move and Work from Thailand.
- The Long-Term Residency Visa (LTR Visa) is a 10-year Thai visa that is aimed at attracting skilled workers to Thailand.
- The LTR for highly skilled professionals Visa is available to certain applicants who work for well established overseas companies.
- The LTR visa offers many benefits, such as access to a digital work permit, and Tax-free remittance of money from abroad.
What is the LTR visa for Work from Thailand Professionals?
The LTR visa for Work from Thailand Professionals visa is designed to attract remote workers working for well-established overseas companies to come to Thailand. This visa is an excellent option for skilled professionals to be able to work and live in Thailand, without having to get the visa and work permits associated with other forms of employment in Thailand. The LTR removes all these burdens, allowing the holder to live and work in Thailand with ease.
Who is eligible for the Long-Term Residency Visa under the Work From Thailand Professionals category?
To be eligible for the LTR Visa as a work from Thailand professional, applicants must meet the following criteria:
(1) The applicant must have earned a personal income of not less than $ 80,000 per year over the past 2 years. If the applicant’s personal income has been lower than $80,000 but no lower than $40,000 per year over the past 2 years, the applicant is required to:
- Have a master’s or higher degree.
- Own their own intellectual property
- Receive a Series A funding (must not be less than $1 million).
(2) The applicants current employer must be a public company (listed on a stock exchange outside Thailand), or a private company that has been operating abroad for at least 3 years and have earned a revenue of not less than $150 million over the past consecutive 3 years.
(3) The applicant must have earned 5 years of relevant working experience in the field directly applicable to their field of current employment. This work experience must have been gathered over the past 10 years.
(4) The applicant is required to have a health insurance package with the minimum coverage of $50,000. This insurance must be valid for a period of at least 10 months. Alternatively, the if the applicant doesn’t have a qualifying health insurance package they have 2 further options:
- Have a social security package that covers medical treatment in Thailand.
- Have a cash deposit of at least $100,000 (or the equivalent value in other currencies) in Thailand or abroad. This money must have been in the account for at least 12 months prior to the application.
Please note, all currency mentioned is denoted in United States Dollars (USD). However, applicants can use other currencies when applying but the sum must be equivalent to the USD value e.g. $80,000 would be approximately 73,300 Euros.
What are the Benefits of the Long-Term Residency Visa for Work from Thailand Professionals?
The LTR Visa for work from Thailand professionals offers several benefits, including:
- A 10 year visa that offers the ability to live and work for up to 10 years in the country without renewing your visa.
- Tax exemption for overseas income.
- Eligibility to apply for immigration and work permit services at One Stop Service Center for visa and work permit, saving applicants a lot of time.
- The ability to apply for a Digital Work Permit.
- The ability to bring your spouse and children on dependent visas.
- The ability to start your own business.
How to apply for the Work from Thailand Professional LTR Visa?
To apply for the LTR as a Work from Thailand Professional, you must first obtain a Qualification Endorsement Letter (QEL) from the Board of Investment (BOI). The Qualification Endorsement Letter (QEL) is a crucial document for the application process of obtaining a Work-from-Thailand Professional Long-Term Resident (LTR) visa. This letter serves as a formal endorsement of your eligibility for the LTR visa program under this category.
Once granted, the QEL remains valid for 60 days from its issuance date.
To obtain a QEL, you must submit an application form and supporting documentation, such as your resume, diploma, and employment certificate(s).
Once you have obtained a QEL, you can apply for the LTR Visa at a Thai embassy or consulate overseas or an immigration office.
Here are a few tips for applying for the LTR Visa for highly skilled professionals:
- Start the application process early. The application process can take several months, so it is important to start early to avoid any delays.
- Make sure that you have all of the required documentation.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your work experience and skills. The BOI will often ask follow-up questions or for more information from you as part of the application process.
- Be patient. The BOI may take several weeks to process your application.
With its comprehensive benefits and seamless application process, the LTR visa for Work from Thailand Professionals, stands as an excellent choice for skilled professionals seeking to establish a long-term career in Thailand. The LTR visa offers several highly advantageous benefits for eligible professionals, including living and working in Thailand with a 10 year visa, tax incentives not available to other types of visa and access to a Digital Work Permit. The LTR removes many barriers, which often makes living and working in Thailand much more difficult.
However, it is important to be aware that the application process for an LTR can be long and difficult. The application will be subject to lots of back-and-forth between the applicant and the BOI, seeking answers to questions and requests for more information or documents than expected.
Our experts have accumulated a lot of experience when applying for an LTR visa and are available to assist you with your application to help make the process as smooth as possible.